Harley to expand Touring line-up in India with the Road Glide this year
A few days ago, Harley-Davidson announced the Milwaukee-Eight, its all-new big twin that will replace the Twin Cam engine in its Touring line of motorcycles. The Touring Harleys have multiple models of which two have been on sale in India, both as CBUs. These are the Road King, which was re-introduced last year after a brief hiatus, and the Street Glide Special.
For the introduction of the 2017-model-year machines - timelines are still not firm - Harley-Davidson India has confirmed that the Road Glide will join the Touring line in India.
The Road Glide features the impressive and distinctive Batwing fairing, a one-piece two-up seat and standard hard panniers. The 2017 model is powered by an oil-cooled Milwaukee-Eight 107, which displaces 1,745cc and makes 151Nm of peak torque at 3,250rpm. The Road Glide will also feature the all-new Showa "Dual Bending Valve" 49mm front forks as well as the no-tools pre-load adjustable new red shocks, also by Showa.
Harley-Davidson has yet to announce launch and availability for the new motorcycle, but it should be before the calendar year is out. In terms of pricing, we expect the Road Glide to be priced roughly Rs 4-5 lakh higher than the Street Glide Special - it's $2,000-odd more in the United States. The Street Glide Special is Rs 29 lakh or thereabouts, so the Road Glide should inch north towards Rs 35 lakh - our estimates.
Harley-Davidson is also set to launch the 2017 Street 750 in India, now equipped with ABS and a new security system, both as standard equipment. Once again, Harley-Davidson has not confirmed either price or availability, but it should be before the year is out.
Starts Rs 35,74,000
Starts Rs 33,52,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10