Hella India organises Road Safety Week
Hella India Lighting Ltd organised a Road Safety Week from January 11 to 17, 2016, to spread awareness about vehicle safety among road users. During the week, company officials helped road users identify the various causes of accidents along with the measures that should be taken to ensure safety.
Typically low quality headlights and indicators coupled with poor visibility and traffic recognition end up creating potentially dangerous situations for road users. Additionally, speeding, drunk driving, not wearing seatbelts and helmets are responsible for fatalities in road mishaps. There is an accident-related casualty on Indian roads every four minutes, according to statics quoted by Hella India.
The company engaged road users in different activities like displaying banners, road signage and pamphlets related to road safety. Individuals who signed the safety pledge received 'road safety warrior' badges from the field volunteers of Hella. A 'signature wall campaign' was also held with people writing their thoughts about road safety.
"Road safety is a major public health concern for authorities in India. In the last decade, 12 lakh Indians died in road accidents while 50 lakh were seriously injured and disabled. This situation is very critical and cannot be left unattended for long," said Ramashankar Pandey, managing director, Hella India Lighting Ltd.
Hella India says that around 5,400 people participated with a total of 24 road safety campaigns being held nationwide. Around 262 'road safety warriors' were enrolled during the campaign which received a good response in Delhi, Varanasi, Patna, Chennai and Bangalore.
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review