Hella India organises Road Safety Week
Hella India Lighting Ltd organised a Road Safety Week from January 11 to 17, 2016, to spread awareness about vehicle safety among road users. During the week, company officials helped road users identify the various causes of accidents along with the measures that should be taken to ensure safety.
Typically low quality headlights and indicators coupled with poor visibility and traffic recognition end up creating potentially dangerous situations for road users. Additionally, speeding, drunk driving, not wearing seatbelts and helmets are responsible for fatalities in road mishaps. There is an accident-related casualty on Indian roads every four minutes, according to statics quoted by Hella India.
The company engaged road users in different activities like displaying banners, road signage and pamphlets related to road safety. Individuals who signed the safety pledge received 'road safety warrior' badges from the field volunteers of Hella. A 'signature wall campaign' was also held with people writing their thoughts about road safety.
"Road safety is a major public health concern for authorities in India. In the last decade, 12 lakh Indians died in road accidents while 50 lakh were seriously injured and disabled. This situation is very critical and cannot be left unattended for long," said Ramashankar Pandey, managing director, Hella India Lighting Ltd.
Hella India says that around 5,400 people participated with a total of 24 road safety campaigns being held nationwide. Around 262 'road safety warriors' were enrolled during the campaign which received a good response in Delhi, Varanasi, Patna, Chennai and Bangalore.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show