Helpdesk: A CNG kit in a Volkswagen Polo?
Ajit Kriplani: I've owned the Polo 1.2 petrol for four years and have decided to get a CNG kit installed. What are its advantages and disadvantages? How much will the conversion cost?
OD:We have seen a few Volkswagen Polos that use CNG kits. However, Volkswagen may not service your car and you will have to rely on third-party service centres. Performance of the car will drop noticeably but running costs will reduce too. You will also have to check with the local RTO if the car is included in the CNG approved listing. If it does, the fuel change has to be mentioned in the RC. There are a lot of approved CNG kits available today and prices vary depending on the type of system (Venturi and Sequential). We suggest you also check with your local Volkswagen dealer.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani