Helpdesk: A CNG kit in a Volkswagen Polo?
Ajit Kriplani: I've owned the Polo 1.2 petrol for four years and have decided to get a CNG kit installed. What are its advantages and disadvantages? How much will the conversion cost?
OD:We have seen a few Volkswagen Polos that use CNG kits. However, Volkswagen may not service your car and you will have to rely on third-party service centres. Performance of the car will drop noticeably but running costs will reduce too. You will also have to check with the local RTO if the car is included in the CNG approved listing. If it does, the fuel change has to be mentioned in the RC. There are a lot of approved CNG kits available today and prices vary depending on the type of system (Venturi and Sequential). We suggest you also check with your local Volkswagen dealer.
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh