Helpdesk: Baleno or Ertiga?
Q: I want to replace my four-year-old Swift. My budget is Rs 10 lakh and I am looking for a car with a lot of features. I have shortlisted the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Baleno. Please suggest which I should go for.
A: The two cars you have mentioned are very different machines. The Baleno offers considerably more space and features than your Swift but with a familiar, fun-to-drive character. The Ertiga, meanwhile, is far more comfortable, spacious and practical. It makes for a great family car without being overtly large. The Ertiga is the more practical choice if driving involvement is not too important for you.
Q: Safe and comfortable hatch I am looking to buy a safe and comfortable hatchback. My budget is Rs 5.50 lakh on-road. I am considering the Maruti Suzuki Ignis and the Hyundai Grand i10, both base models.
A: This is an interesting question because the Grand i10 is the more comfortable and practical choice. However, since you are considering the base model, we cannot suggest the Hyundai as it offers neither ABS nor airbags while the Maruti offers both as standard. The Grand i10 is absolutely worth it if you can stretch for the top model that offers these vital safety features. Read our comparison review between these two cars on overdrive.in for the full story.
Q: Quick, reliable and comfy motorcycle I'm confused between the Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 and the TVS Apache 200 4V FI. I want good ride quality, build quality, strong performance and good fuel efficiency.
A: We've just ridden the new Yamaha FZ25 and it meets your requirements better than either of the two bikes you have mentioned. The Yamaha comes at a premium, but you will probably find the extra investment worthwhile since your requirements are the exact strong points of the FZ25. Also, as far as we can tell, the fuel-injected RTR 200 4V is still not on sale.
Q: What next after an A6? I'm driving an Audi A6 Premium Plus for nearly three years now. I'm looking at something new within a similar
price range, a car with the latest kit and technology.
A: We suggest looking at either the Volvo S90 or the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class. The E-Class is the one to have if back seat comfort is the main priority. The S90, however, stands out with a beautiful exterior design and cabin, a great feature set and competitive pricing.
Q: Which compact SUV? I own a Hyundai i10 and I want to switch to an SUV or a vehicle of similar category, as I have to drive a 200km journey on a weekly basis on poor roads. I am considering the Ford EcoSport or Suzuki S-Cross.
A: Between the two, the EcoSport is the more comfortable option but the S-Cross is more spacious. It will be worthwhile to wait for the upgraded EcoSport that is due for launch in India soon. However, given your requirement for long-distance travel and the ability to handle poor roads, we suggest you consider the Renault Duster or Nissan Terrano. They are amongst the best vehicles we have experienced when it comes to comfort, rugged feel and long-distance capability on our roads.
Starts Rs 51.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 54.5 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works