Helpdesk: City over Ciaz?
I currently drive a Toyota Etios in Bangalore and am looking to upgrade to a larger car. My daily commute isn't a lot but I drive once a month to Kochi, a 1,000km drive from Bangalore, and back. Considering claimed fuel efficiency and cost of ownership, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz fits the bill well for me. The Honda City, however, seems to be a more stylish car, quality is better too. Is it true that the running costs are higher in the City compared to the Ciaz?
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is the better diesel car when compared to the Honda City. However, the places change when it comes to the petrol variants. The Honda i-VTEC engine is a lot more refined, powerful and just as efficient as the Ciaz's 1.4-litre K-Series unit. As you said, quality and attention to detail too are better in the City. The Ciaz may score in terms of service costs though and is the more affordable car of the two.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show