Helpdesk: City over Ciaz?
I currently drive a Toyota Etios in Bangalore and am looking to upgrade to a larger car. My daily commute isn't a lot but I drive once a month to Kochi, a 1,000km drive from Bangalore, and back. Considering claimed fuel efficiency and cost of ownership, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz fits the bill well for me. The Honda City, however, seems to be a more stylish car, quality is better too. Is it true that the running costs are higher in the City compared to the Ciaz?
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is the better diesel car when compared to the Honda City. However, the places change when it comes to the petrol variants. The Honda i-VTEC engine is a lot more refined, powerful and just as efficient as the Ciaz's 1.4-litre K-Series unit. As you said, quality and attention to detail too are better in the City. The Ciaz may score in terms of service costs though and is the more affordable car of the two.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range