Hero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
Hero Motorcorp, India's largest two-wheeler maker, is expected to take the covers off its new offering in the 125cc scooter category, the Hero Destini, on October 22.
The Destini 125 was shown as the Duet 125 at the 2018 Auto Expo. Hero Motorcorp will position this scooter as a more family-friendly proposition, against the more youth-centric Maestro 125. Given this brief, the Destini features a big chrome banner at the front while the body gets flowing curves along the side.
The Destini shares its underpinnings with that of the Duet 110 but is powered by the motor from the Maestro Edge 125. This 125cc motor puts out 8.7PS of power and 10.2Nm of torque. There are drum brakes on both ends and suspension duties are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and a hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. It will also feature Hero's start-stop technology for better fuel economy.
Notable features include a side stand indicator, mobile charging port, underseat boot light, external fuel filler cap and an LED tail light.
The Destini 125 will compete with the likes of the Honda Activa 125, Honda Grazia, TVS NTorq, Aprilia SR 125 and the Suzuki Access 125. Prices are expected to start from around the Rs 55,000 mark.
Starts Rs 64,310
Starts Rs 69,960
Starts Rs 67,490
Starts Rs 59,922
Starts Rs 64,800
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055