Hero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
Hero Motorcorp, India's largest two-wheeler maker, is expected to take the covers off its new offering in the 125cc scooter category, the Hero Destini, on October 22.
The Destini 125 was shown as the Duet 125 at the 2018 Auto Expo. Hero Motorcorp will position this scooter as a more family-friendly proposition, against the more youth-centric Maestro 125. Given this brief, the Destini features a big chrome banner at the front while the body gets flowing curves along the side.
The Destini shares its underpinnings with that of the Duet 110 but is powered by the motor from the Maestro Edge 125. This 125cc motor puts out 8.7PS of power and 10.2Nm of torque. There are drum brakes on both ends and suspension duties are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and a hydraulic shock absorber at the rear. It will also feature Hero's start-stop technology for better fuel economy.
Notable features include a side stand indicator, mobile charging port, underseat boot light, external fuel filler cap and an LED tail light.
The Destini 125 will compete with the likes of the Honda Activa 125, Honda Grazia, TVS NTorq, Aprilia SR 125 and the Suzuki Access 125. Prices are expected to start from around the Rs 55,000 mark.
Starts Rs 54,650
Starts Rs 69,960
Starts Rs 60,221
Starts Rs 59,922
Starts Rs 55,977
- NewsPorsche Macan S officially teased on the social network - India launch expected soon
- NewsArjun Maini to make two-race Formula 2 comeback with Campos Racing
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Land Rover Defender SUV revealed in profile in spy shots
- News5 things to expect from the upcoming BSVI Royal Enfield Classic
- NewsTata Altroz hatchback teased ahead of its official India launch