Hero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
Hero Motocorp, through its EV arm Hero Electric, will launch a number of new products this financial year. There are rumoured to be as many as 8 or 9 new all-electric models with the most anticipated being the AXLHE-20 codenamed high-end bike.
This scooter is expected to be powered by a 4,000 Watt motor that produces peak power of 6,000 Watts and should reach speeds of up to 85 kmph. A range of 100-110 kms can be expected. The AXLHE-20 will be the flagship of the Hero Electric line-up as of now.
This will be the top bike in Hero Electric's High Speed range of bikes which also includes products like Nyx, Photon and Photon 72V. The Nyx is available at Rs 55,490 while the Photon 72V costs Rs 49,490, both Delhi prices.
The company is on this product offensive to meet its goal of selling 90,000 scooters by the next financial year. The company sold 30,000 scooters last year. The company also plans on spending Rs 500 crore until 2022-23 to increase sales to six lakh units.
The company's targets are not overly enthusiastic. The electric scooter market has barely developed in India and a large amount of untapped potential is present. The push to green mobility options by both the government and manufacturers should educate buyers and help increase demand for such vehicles.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled