Hero Group founder, Brijmohan Lall Munjal passes away
Brijmohan Lall Munjal has passed away after a brief illness. He was 92. Munjal founded the Hero Group, a sprawling diversified business and then went on to become chairman emeritus of Hero MotoCorp.
Along the way, Brijmohan Lall Munjal's leadership saw the group notch up a series of milestones. In 1956, Brijmohan started off Hero Cycles in Ludhiana. In 1983, he collaborated with Honda and started Hero Honda. Hero MotoCorp, according to the company, has been the world's largest two-wheeler maker for the last 14 years. Since 1986, Hero has been the world's largest cycle maker.
Munjal is credited with Hero's steady diversification into numerous businesses as well as recognised for his philanthropic endeavours.
But what the man will be remembered for is his simplicity. He was known for this as a young lad starting out with his cycle shop in Amritsar. It was that humility that people appreciated when they met him as a successful businessman. The tales of how Munjal knew his vast motorcycle dealership's people on a first name basis are not only many but also true.
Our thoughts are with Brijmohan Lall Munjal's family and with all of the many, many people whose lives he touched.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept