Hero HF Deluxe with i3S launched in India at Rs 49,900
Hero MotoCorp has silently rolled out the HF Deluxe with i3S technology in India at Rs 49,900, ex-Mumbai. The on-road cost is Rs 59,400. The HF Deluxe i3S is the top-spec trim amongst the kick-spoke (Rs 39,897) and the Eco (Rs 48,227) models.
So what's different in the new HF Deluxe i3S? For starters, there are new graphics. The biggest change though is the addition of the i3S technology which helps save fuel by cutting off the engine when in traffic and neutral selected. When the clutch is pulled in, the engine automatically restarts. This helps it achieve greater fuel economy in traffic conditions. While Hero hasn't quoted any claimed economy numbers, expect the motorcycle to return at least 70kmpl in ideal traffic conditions. The engine is the tried-and-tested 97.2cc 8.36PS/8.05Nm sloper and has been upgraded to meet BS-IV standards.
The motorcycle retains the familiar HF Deluxe silhouette and styling. The meters though are a tad different and as is the norm with i3S models, get a blue outline. Similar to the Eco model, this one also gets white alloy wheels. Expect more Hero models in the near future to get i3S tech.
Starts Rs 42,832
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India