Hero HX250R to be launched in India this year
The HX250R is going to be a big deal for Hero as it'll be the first 250cc machine from the auto maker. More importantly, it'll also be built from scratch, right here on Indian soil.
Designed in association with Erik Buell Racing (just like the Hero Karizma ZMR), the bike runs on a 249cc fuel injected single cylinder unit Engines Engineering and AVL have been involved in its development. The engine churns out 30PS, puts out a maximum torque of 26Nm and comes linked with a six-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle is fully faired and features dual headlamps with LED strips similar to those on the ZMR that act as pilot lamps. It has clip-on handlebars and a raised fuel tank commonly observed on sportsbikes. The seat equation, the rear panels and grab rail also seem to have been inherited from the recently refreshed ZMR . The bike has discs on both the ends as well as combined braking with ABS as optional. The exhaust sits under the seat. Though it looks bulky, the HX250R weighs a (relatively) wee 139 kilograms.
A lot easier on the eyes than, say, the ZMR (she is a bit of an acquired taste, looks wise), the HZ250R has got our attention. Watch out for a first ride and updates from the launch which we're hoping will happen soon.
Starts Rs 1,08,000
Starts Rs 1,64,143
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019