Hero enters off-road motorcycle sport with CS Santosh and Speedbrain
Hero MotoCorp surprised everyone by announcing that it is entering the world of off-road motorcycle racing today. It has entered into a strategic partnership with Speedbrain GmbH, a German off-road racing specialist. The new Hero MotoSports Team Rally will make its debut at the Merzouga Rally in Morocco later this month.
The Hero MotoSports Team Rally Speedbrain 450 will be used in the company's foray into off-road racing
Hero MotoSports Team Rally will ride the Speedbrain 450 rally motorcycle at Merzouga and this bike will continue to power this team in various rallies leading up to the 2017 Dakar.
Riding the motorcycles for Hero MotoSports Team Rally - and this is truly special - will be Indian riders. Hero MotoSports has announced that CS Santosh will ride for the team.
CS Santosh, the first Indian to compete in the Dakar Rally, will ride for the team
As you know, TVS also has a tie-up with Sherco to run the latter's motorcycles in the Dakar but TVS Racing has so far not made any moves towards fielding Indian riders. So far, the latest rumours say that Aravind KP, TVS' star rider might be on a TVS-Sherco at the 2017 Dakar but that's all it is at this time, a rumour.
Joaquim 'J-Rod' Rodrigues will partner CS Santosh at the team
Back to Hero, CS Santosh's team-mate will be Portuguese rider Joaquim 'J-Rod' Rodrigues a supercross and motocross veteran who's new to the Rally Raid arena. Wolfgang Fischer, Md, Speedbrain will run the team.
At Hero, Markus Braunsperger, the chief technology officer of Hero MotoCorp will be in charge and Hero's new R&D, the Centre for Innovation and Technology will be closely involved.
Pawan Munjal, MD and CEO Hero MotoCorp said, "This initiative reflects our consistent support to sports and sportspersons."
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review