Hero MotoCorp Duet scooter unveiled in India
Hero MotoCorp has unveiled two new scooters in India, the Maestro Edge and Duet. The Maestro Edge will be launched on October 13, 2015 while the Duet scooter will be rolled out later
The Hero Duet has a new design and is the only other scooter apart from the Maestro Edge and TVS Jupiter to have a passlight switch in India. It also has a bigger headlamp, external fuel filler, side stand indicator, safety buzzer, telescopic front suspension and Integrated Braking System. Hero says that the seat is also bigger and wider for long commutes. There is also a retractable luggage hook as well as a front one. The scooter is also metal bodied. Underseat storage has a boot light plus there is a mobile charger and USB 3.0 port. Hero claims that the luggage rack can hold up to 10kg.
Hero says that the Duet sits in the middle of the company's scooter game while the Maestro Edge will be at the top. Hero will not discontinue the Pleasure or the Maestro and these scooters will be positioned in the entry-level scooter segment.
Powering the Hero Duet scooter is a new 110.9cc engine which makes 1PS more than the regular Maestro at 8.4PS but significantly much lower torque at 8.30Nm (Maestro's engine made 9.10Nm). Hero claims a fuel efficiency of 63.8kmpl from the Duet scooter The scooter weighs 116kg and has a maximum payload of 130kg. Hero doesn't give alloy wheels on the Duet, however the Maestro Edge gets them. The scooter has a ground clearance of 155mm
Starts Rs 48,280
Starts Rs 54,349
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - MTDC flags-off its motorhome and campervan
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks