Hero MotoCorp Karizma ZMR returns at Rs 1.08 lakh in India
The Hero MotoCorp Karizma ZMR has returned to the Indian dealerships and is priced at Rs 1.08 lakh for the standard and Rs 1.10 lakh for the dual-tone model, (prices, ex-Mumbai). The company had stopped selling the Karizma ZMR in India last year due to poor sales. However, it has been in production to cater the international markets. Considering the popularity of the Karizma brand in India, Hero MotoCorp has relaunched the Karizma in India in May this year. While the sales numbers, as per the SIAM data, are not much, Hero MotoCorp does not want to lose on the small demand for the motorcycle. Also, this will help in retaining the brand image which will be helpful when Hero plans to give it an update in the future.
The 2018 Hero does not get any design changes over the previous model
Additionally, Hero MotoCorp has narrowed its portfolio and is planning to re-enter the premium space with the upcoming Xtreme 200R. There will be more offerings by the company in the premium space which will cater to the different styles of motorcycles. We believe Hero MotoCorp has serious plans about Karizma as well. If that means a facelift or a completely new-gen offering is something that needs to be seen.
The Hero MotorCorp Karizma ZMR came equipped with a 223cc single-cylinder engine with fuel injection. This unit made 20PS at 8,000 rpm and generated 19.7 Nm at 6,500 rpm. While the power figure was an update from the previous offering, the performance of the engine was not as smooth and refined as the first generation Karizma. And on top of it, the completely revised styling of the ZMR with the larger fairing couldn't leave much impact, especially on the purists who were a fan of the first-gen Karizma's design and performance.
Starts Rs 1,08,000
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip