Hero MotoCorp posts record sales of 2.1 million in the first quarter of FY19
Hero MotoCorp has achieved a new sales milestone, recording 2.1 million unit sales in the first quarter of the financial year 2019 (FY19). The company says that this is a global record and a first in its very own, illustrious history.
Hero also posted strong sales in the month of June, clocking 704,562 units. Compared to June 2017, sales grew by 13 per cent, further reinforcing its market share in India. The company has crossed the 7 lakh unit sales in a month milestone previously as well. This was in September 2017, March 2018 and April 2018.
The company says that it expects the positive sales trend to continue in the coming months. It adds that there is a slew of motorcycles and scooters in its portfolio, that customers can choose from. It also plans to launch new motorcycles and scooters soon. Bookings for the new Xtreme 200 R have begun and the highly awaited X Pulse 200 adventure motorcycle will follow later. Hero recently released official images of the production-spec X Pulse 200 that you can see here.
Hero MotoCorp has also announced an increase in ex-showroom prices of its entire model range with immediate effect. Depending on the model and the market, the price rise will go up to Rs 500. This, says Hero, has been done to offset the rise in input costs and currency depreciation.
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India