Hero MotoCorp to launch the Maestro Edge and Duet on September 29
Hero MotoCorp is set to launch two scooters on September 29, most likely the Maestro Edge and the Duet. The scooters will sport a new 110.9cc, air-cooled engine with power and torque figures at 8.43PS and 8.3Nm, respectively. They will come with telescopic forks up front and unit linked suspension at the rear.
The Maestro Edge will also come with revised styling and alloy wheels. The Duet, meanwhile, is expected to feature a full metal body, like the Honda Activa.
A leaked brochure of the Hero Duet that's circulating the Interweb reveals that the scooter will be sold in two variants, LX and VX. Besides differences in features, the VX's wheelbase is 5mm longer than that of the LX that measures 1,240mm. The Duet VX gets a mobile charging point, a lamp in the stowage bin under the seat and rear luggage hook. The Duet LX may get these as optional extras. The Hero Duet is slightly larger in dimension than the Hero Maestro and its kerb weight is also higher, at 116kg. Both variants of the Duet will get an external fuel filler with a buzzer. The analogue-digital instrument cluster also displays a service reminder. The Hero Duet gets tubeless tyres and Integrated Braking System (IBS) as standard. Hero will offer the Duet with a choice of six colours.
Watch this space for the launch as well as the first ride stories from Team OVERDRIVE.
Starts Rs 48,280
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Tata Nexon
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled