Hero MotoCorp unveils five new products in India
Hero MotoCorp has done it again. The brand showcased nearly 15 new products in India last November and has now unveiled five more. Hero's 2-wheeler blitzkrieg was topped by the announcement of a diesel and nonetheless a turbocharged scooter concept.
Hero RNT diesel scooter concept
The RNT concept as it is called has a 150cc diesel engine heart which makes 13.5PS of power and a healthy 35Nm of torque. The RNT can also behave as a hybrid with it oversize generator. There is more to it but you can read all about it in our special individual coverage of the scooter. Read full report here.
Hero RNT diesel concept
The Leap scooter was the same one which was showcased at the 2012 Expo but looks production ready. Powering this petrol-hybrid scooter is a lithium-ion battery and a 8kW electric motor with an all-new fuel-injected 125cc engine as a range extender.
The electric motor makes 60Nm of peak torque from the onset and has a top speed of 100kmph. The latter part of course with the help of a range extender. Read full report here.
Hero also showcased a proper 250cc liquid cooled motorcycle called the HX250R. The HX250R's engine makes 31PS and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. It also gets combined ABS and underseat exhaust. Full report
Hero HX250R and the Dash scooter
Hero's final scooter for the day was the Dash, a Maestro lookalike. The 111cc engine in the Dash makes 8.5PS and produces torque of 9.4Nm. It has a 6-litre fuel tank and comes with external fuel filler and mobile charging socket.
Hero also gave a refresh to their 150cc commuter motorcycle, the Extreme. The Hero Extreme's engine has been upgraded and it makes 15.2PS of power and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Other features of the motorcycle more or less remain the same with a gas reservoir suspension at rear and hydraulic ones at the front.
But that's not all. Hero says that it will come up with more unveils at the 2014 Auto Expo. Can't wait.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled