Hero MotoCorp unveils five new products in India
Hero MotoCorp has done it again. The brand showcased nearly 15 new products in India last November and has now unveiled five more. Hero's 2-wheeler blitzkrieg was topped by the announcement of a diesel and nonetheless a turbocharged scooter concept.
Hero RNT diesel scooter concept
The RNT concept as it is called has a 150cc diesel engine heart which makes 13.5PS of power and a healthy 35Nm of torque. The RNT can also behave as a hybrid with it oversize generator. There is more to it but you can read all about it in our special individual coverage of the scooter. Read full report here.
Hero RNT diesel concept
The Leap scooter was the same one which was showcased at the 2012 Expo but looks production ready. Powering this petrol-hybrid scooter is a lithium-ion battery and a 8kW electric motor with an all-new fuel-injected 125cc engine as a range extender.
The electric motor makes 60Nm of peak torque from the onset and has a top speed of 100kmph. The latter part of course with the help of a range extender. Read full report here.
Hero also showcased a proper 250cc liquid cooled motorcycle called the HX250R. The HX250R's engine makes 31PS and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. It also gets combined ABS and underseat exhaust. Full report
Hero HX250R and the Dash scooter
Hero's final scooter for the day was the Dash, a Maestro lookalike. The 111cc engine in the Dash makes 8.5PS and produces torque of 9.4Nm. It has a 6-litre fuel tank and comes with external fuel filler and mobile charging socket.
Hero also gave a refresh to their 150cc commuter motorcycle, the Extreme. The Hero Extreme's engine has been upgraded and it makes 15.2PS of power and comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox. Other features of the motorcycle more or less remain the same with a gas reservoir suspension at rear and hydraulic ones at the front.
But that's not all. Hero says that it will come up with more unveils at the 2014 Auto Expo. Can't wait.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review