Hero MotoSports Team Rally set to tackle OiLibya Rally of Morocco
The Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit is gearing up for the 2018 Dakar Rally, with riders CS Santosh and Joaquim Rodrigues. And in order to tackle the Dakar for the second time as a team, they have a new version of the Speedbrain 450 that will take to the sand dunes come the 1st of January.
Joaquim Rodrigues and CS Santosh are set to tackle the OiLibya Rally of Morocco ahead of the 2018 Dakar
However, before Santosh and JRod tackle the Dakar, the team will put the new motorcycle through its paces at the 2017 OiLibya Rally of Morocco. The two riders have already had a go of riding the new Speedbrain 450 at the Pan Africa Rally last month, and faired decently, with both riders finishing in the top 10. Santosh ended the rally ninth, while his team-mate, JRod ended seventh. In addition to this, both riders have tested the motorcycle extensively in Morocco.
The OiLibya Rally of Morocco will be held between the 5th and the 10th of October. It begins with a Prologue stage on Thursday, October 5th, and continues over five stages through the Moroccan desert. The total distance of the rally is 2,600km, with 1,870km competitive distance. The highlight of the rally will be the third and fourth days, both of which will have special stages that run over 400km each.
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India