Hero Passion Pro i3S launched in India at Rs 51,653
Hero MotoCorp has launched the Passion Pro i3S in India at Rs 51,653, ex-Thane. The on-road price is Rs 60,000, a slight premium over the regular Passion Pro which retails at Rs 59,212. The Hero Passion Pro i3S brings in the start-stop technology which first debuted in the Splendor i3S in 2014.
The Hero Passion Pro i3S is a 100cc motorcycle that derives its sloper mill from the regular Splendor 100. It makes 8.36PS/8.05Nm and is mated to a 4-speed all-up pattern gearbox. While we don't have the claimed efficiency numbers yet, but expect the latest Hero to deliver somewhere in the 100kmpl region. The motorcycle is available both with kick and electric start. There is also the front disc brake-equipped version, which will go on sale at a later date. Contrary to expectations, the Hero Passion Pro i3S doesn't come with Always Headlamp On or AHO feature.
Other features from the regular Passion are carried over. The only visible changes are the i3S badge on the side panels and the blue button for turning off the start-stop mechanism situated where an engine kill switch would normally be. The cycle parts are finished in black while the electric start button now comes in red colour. Last year's facelift saw a new tail pipe, fresh tail lamp and an overall sleeker design, which is carried forward on the new Passion Pro. Hero is likely to discontinue the older model.
Hero is expected to officially announce its prices in a couple of days. Any other details or features will be revealed on September 26, 2016 in New Delhi.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic