Hero RNT concept unveil: Diesel hybrid bike's images, details and specs
One of the five two wheelers unveiled on Wednesday by Hero MotorCorp was the RNT bike. This bike, while not being much or a visual masterpiece, boasts technology that is so far unheard of in the two-wheeler market.
It's powered by a 150cc turbocharged diesel engine that makes 13.5PS and 35Nm of torque. And while the peak power figures are not out of the ordinary for a 150cc power plant, the torque figure bests most entry level performance motorcycles (CBR250R: 22.9Nm, KTM 200 Duke: 19.2Nm).
Adding the hybrid tag to this scooter is a 1KW motor mounted to the front wheel giving it two wheel drive. This motor can be controlled either independently via a secondary throttle, or in conjunction with the standard chain drive.
The utilitarian design with flat load bearing surfaces over both wheels coupled with the high torque motor leads us to believe that this will be marketed as a utility scooter.
However, with the high mileage and low running cost that can be expected from the small capacity turbocharged diesel power plant, we can't say that every mileage conscious Joe wouldn't want one.
Other products unveiled by the Hero MotoCorp are the HX250R motorcycle, the Xtreme and scooters Leap and Dash. All these products will be showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Hero MotoCorp RNT specs
|Type||Liquid cooled, 4 stroke, turbocharged, direct-injection diesel|
|Gearbox||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front||37mm telescopic hydraulic forks|
|Rear||Swing arm with adjustable telescopic shock absorber|
|WHEELS & TYRES|
|Front||300mm multi-piston disc|
|Rear||220mm single-piston disc|
|Head lamp||detachable 16 cell, Li-ion battery|
|Fuel capacity||6 litres|
|Acceleration (0-60kmph)||5s (claimed)|
Starts Rs 1,72,749
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 online bookings commence in India, launch in June 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!