Hero RNT concept unveil: Diesel hybrid bike's images, details and specs
One of the five two wheelers unveiled on Wednesday by Hero MotorCorp was the RNT bike. This bike, while not being much or a visual masterpiece, boasts technology that is so far unheard of in the two-wheeler market.
It's powered by a 150cc turbocharged diesel engine that makes 13.5PS and 35Nm of torque. And while the peak power figures are not out of the ordinary for a 150cc power plant, the torque figure bests most entry level performance motorcycles (CBR250R: 22.9Nm, KTM 200 Duke: 19.2Nm).
Adding the hybrid tag to this scooter is a 1KW motor mounted to the front wheel giving it two wheel drive. This motor can be controlled either independently via a secondary throttle, or in conjunction with the standard chain drive.
The utilitarian design with flat load bearing surfaces over both wheels coupled with the high torque motor leads us to believe that this will be marketed as a utility scooter.
However, with the high mileage and low running cost that can be expected from the small capacity turbocharged diesel power plant, we can't say that every mileage conscious Joe wouldn't want one.
Other products unveiled by the Hero MotoCorp are the HX250R motorcycle, the Xtreme and scooters Leap and Dash. All these products will be showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Hero MotoCorp RNT specs
|Type||Liquid cooled, 4 stroke, turbocharged, direct-injection diesel|
|Gearbox||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front||37mm telescopic hydraulic forks|
|Rear||Swing arm with adjustable telescopic shock absorber|
|WHEELS & TYRES|
|Front||300mm multi-piston disc|
|Rear||220mm single-piston disc|
|Head lamp||detachable 16 cell, Li-ion battery|
|Fuel capacity||6 litres|
|Acceleration (0-60kmph)||5s (claimed)|
Starts Rs 1,48,160
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?