Hero Splendor iSmart claims 102.5kmpl making it the world's most fuel efficient motorcycle
Just after Bajaj launched the new Platina 100ES with a whopping 96.9kmpl, arch rival Hero MotoCorp has followed suit. Hero's Splendor iSmart has now pipped the Bajaj Platina 100ES with a claimed fuel efficiency of 102.5kmpl. The Splendorand is the first Hero motorcycle to have a low cost stop-start technology. At the time of launch, like its other products, Hero didn't specify the fuel efficiency numbers but it seems the heat from the competition finally got onto the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer.
The Hero Splendor iSmart is powered by a proven 97.2cc single cylinder air cooled engine which makes 7.8PS/8.04Nm. The start-stop technology switch is located where you should usually find the engine kill switch. At traffic signals, when the bike is in neutral and the clutch is not engaged, after 10 seconds the engine shuts off and when you want to start the engine, simply pulling in the clutch does the trick. In our stringent city fuel efficiency tests, the Hero Splendor iSmart had returned 46.25kmpl with the iSmart system switched off and 2kmpl more with the system on. Do note that this test was conducted with the motorcycle being ridden in the worst of traffic conditions. In regular conditions, the Splendor iSmart returned 56.3kmpl, which was still significantly lower than other 100-110cc motorcycles.
Starts Rs 50,000
Starts Rs 47,155
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept