Hero unveils faster, more frugal new Glamour 125
Hero took the wraps off its new Glamour in Argentina during its announcement that the company was entering Argentina. The new motorcycle comes with fresh styling, a new BS-IV engine and tweaks. The Hero Glamour is the biggest seller in the 125cc class, which scooters aside is the fastest-growing class of motorcycles, says Hero.
The engine is no longer a sloper unit. Hero did not point out any specific similarities with the 110cc engine it had revealed earlier. However, the new engine is not a horizontal either. It's canted forward and will come with a CV carburettor or fuel injection. The engine brings a lot of promise. The power is up 27 per cent to 11.5 while torque goes up at well to 11Nm. Hero says the carburettor and fuel-injection versions also boast 3.5 and 7 per cent more economy at 60kmpl and 62kmpl respectively. Hero promises that the Glamour will be the fastest motorcycle in the segment with
The other big change is the design which includes a new face featuring a V-shaped bikini fairing. Hero says it's maintained the essential lines of the old Glamour while creating the new design package. The motorcycle is still a bright little number with extroverted decals, and indeed the Glamour was always an, er, eye-catching motorcycle. Hero has also added a LED tail light to the specification, with the Glamour now getting the always-on headlight feature as well.
On the features front, Hero positions the choke on the handlebar, adds trendy alloy wheels and a new analogue-digital instrument cluster. The Hero start-stop system i3S will be standard.
Hero will send the Glamour to 19 of its 35 current markets, including Argentina. This is why it is calling the Glamour as its very first global product. The name Glamour though is not global, and in some markets, including Argentina, the motorcycle will be christened Ignitor.
Expect Hero to announce prices and availability in March or April 2017. We expect the additional price for the fuel-injected version to be modest. Stay tuned for riding impressions shortly.
For more images, click here
Starts Rs 60,500
- ReviewComparison test: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV 500 vs Jeep Compass
- NewsOla ban revoked after Karnataka Government fines cab aggregator Rs 15 Lakh
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip