Hero unveils faster, more frugal new Glamour 125
Hero took the wraps off its new Glamour in Argentina during its announcement that the company was entering Argentina. The new motorcycle comes with fresh styling, a new BS-IV engine and tweaks. The Hero Glamour is the biggest seller in the 125cc class, which scooters aside is the fastest-growing class of motorcycles, says Hero.
The engine is no longer a sloper unit. Hero did not point out any specific similarities with the 110cc engine it had revealed earlier. However, the new engine is not a horizontal either. It's canted forward and will come with a CV carburettor or fuel injection. The engine brings a lot of promise. The power is up 27 per cent to 11.5 while torque goes up at well to 11Nm. Hero says the carburettor and fuel-injection versions also boast 3.5 and 7 per cent more economy at 60kmpl and 62kmpl respectively. Hero promises that the Glamour will be the fastest motorcycle in the segment with
The other big change is the design which includes a new face featuring a V-shaped bikini fairing. Hero says it's maintained the essential lines of the old Glamour while creating the new design package. The motorcycle is still a bright little number with extroverted decals, and indeed the Glamour was always an, er, eye-catching motorcycle. Hero has also added a LED tail light to the specification, with the Glamour now getting the always-on headlight feature as well.
On the features front, Hero positions the choke on the handlebar, adds trendy alloy wheels and a new analogue-digital instrument cluster. The Hero start-stop system i3S will be standard.
Hero will send the Glamour to 19 of its 35 current markets, including Argentina. This is why it is calling the Glamour as its very first global product. The name Glamour though is not global, and in some markets, including Argentina, the motorcycle will be christened Ignitor.
Expect Hero to announce prices and availability in March or April 2017. We expect the additional price for the fuel-injected version to be modest. Stay tuned for riding impressions shortly.
For more images, click here
Starts Rs 61,535
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh