Hero Xpulse 200, 200T to launch in India on May 1
Hero Motocorp will launch the Hero XPulse 200 and 200T in India on May 1. These bikes will be priced around the Rs 1 to 1.1 lakh mark.. The company will also debut a new fully-faired motorcycle alongside these bikes too, possible a derivative of the Xtreme 200R.
The XPulse 200T will differ from the 200 by way of its 30mm lower ground clearance, taller gearing, different handlebar and seat. It will also come with a 17-inch front wheel and a different tune for the front suspension. Other unique touches will be a screen and MRF Tyres. The Xpulse 200 will get CEAT tyres in the Indian-spec bikes while the export models will get different tyres.
The XPulse 200 and 200T will be powered by the same 200cc engine that you get in the Hero Xtreme 200 R. However, the motor in the XPulses is fuel-injected and produces 18.4PS and 17.1Nm. Fuel injection will surely help performance and while riding at high altitudes, such as in Ladakh. A metal bash plate is placed underneath the engine to protect against rocks and debris while riding off-road. The exhaust pipe is placed higher than conventional bikes and that's sure to enhance the water wading capacity of the XPulses.
The XPulse 200 has a 21-inch front wheel and an 18-inch rear wheel. Both wheels are wire-spoked and Hero claims good stability while riding off-road. The front forks have 190mm travel while the gas-charged monoshock at the rear has 170mm travel. Notable features available on these bikes could be a full LED headlamp setup, luggage rack, knuckle guards, and an all-digital instrument cluster with turn-by-turn navigation compatibility.
Hero had first debuted the Xpulse at EICMA 2017, following this up with the 200T in the 2018 edition of the event.
Starts Rs 97,000
Starts Rs 90,900
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 images leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip