Hero Xtreme 200S fully-faired motorcycle gets a price hike in India
Hero Xtreme 200S, the fully-faired motorcycle was launched in India for the price of Rs 98,500 ex-showroom Delhi. Recently the prices have been revised and the motorcycle sees a hike of Rs 900. Currently, the Xtreme 200S retails at Rs 99,400 ex-showroom Delhi. Even with the hiked cost, the motorcycle offers a similar features list. Similarly, the Hero Xtreme 200R, street-naked motorcycles saw a price hike in April.
The Hero Xtreme 200S is said to be the Hero Karizma's spiritual successor. The engine on offer is a 200cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine mated to a five-speed gearbox. The engine produces 18.4PS at 8,000rpm and 17.1Nm at 6,500rpm. The engine is housed in a diamond type chassis.
The motorcycle gets telescopic froks in the front and a mono-shock in the rear for suspension duties. The bike gets discs on both ends for braking along with a single-channel ABS (anti-lock braking system).
The Hero Xtreme 200S rivals the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 as the motorcycles have a similar body type, also the power figures and displacement are in the same ball-park. Although, the Hero Xtreme 200S is the most economical option of the three.
Starts Rs 98,500
Starts Rs 91,900
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- NewsWRC 2020: Elfyn Evans claims commanding Rally Sweden win
- NewsGreat Wall Motors signs agreement with General Motors after its India debut
- NewsBSVI Suzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 77,900
- NewsHyundai Motors collaborates with Canoo to develop an EV platform
- NewsRenault Triber MPV launched in South Africa