Hero Xtreme 200S launched in India at Rs 98,500 ex-showroom
Hero MotoCorp has expanded its premium line-up of motorcycles in the country further. The brand launched not one, not two but three motorcycles in the 200cc space today. We of course knew that the XPulse 200 and XPulse 200T will be launched, but the manufacturer sprung up a surprise by also launching the new Xtreme 200S. The bike uses the same powertrain as the Xtreme 200R, which is Hero's own 200cc, air-cooled single-cylinder engine, mated to a five-speed gearbox. The engine offers 18.4PS and 17.1Nm in this guise and is identical in terms of its setup to the naked Xtreme 200R.
The Hero is the newest member of Hero's premium X family of motorcycles and has been priced at Rs 98,500
The bike is being hailed as a spiritual successor to the Hero Karizma, which has enjoyed a cult status in the country for almost two decades. The Xtreme 200S uses a full-LED headlight and also uses the same fully-digital instrument cluster as the XPulse 200 twins. The bike is meant to offer a sporty stance while also being comfortable enough for commuting. OVERDRIVE will be riding the Xtreme 200S at the Buddh International Circuit today, so stay tuned for a first ride review later today. At its price the bike competes with the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 primarily in the market.
Also see: Hero Xtreme 200S First Ride Video
Starts Rs 98,500
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed