Hero Xtreme Sports gets more torque
Way back in November last year, the Hero Xtreme Sports was spotted at a promotional event in a Mumbai showroom, complete with prices announced and what have you. But the motorcycle never really made it to Hero showrooms and neither were the dealers taking bookings. A source close to Hero informed us that the motorcycle was being reworked upon by the R&D team and hence commercial sales hadn't started. It now seems that the motorcycle is finally ready for sale and is already in showrooms.
So what's changed - well, while earlier, torque figure was listed as 12.8Nm, it's now been bumped up to 13.5Nm. Power, which is the highest extracted from the 149cc Honda engine so far, is still 15.4PS. The transmission is a 5-speed manual. Hero have gone the 'increasing compression ratio' way to increase the power and torque in the Xtreme Sports.
It though remains to be seen if Hero have sorted the excessive vibrations issue which both the new Karizma twins face. The same has been observed in the revised, to a fair extent. The Xtreme Sports weighs in at 146kg for the single front disc and 147kg for the rear disc model. Tyre size on both the Xtreme and Sports is the same.
The improved torque and power figures will definitely help the Xtreme Sports with its acceleration and rideability but then again it is one of the heaviest motorcycles in its category. The fuel efficiency figure is also expected to rise though Hero is yet to make any official claims. We will be riding the new Xtreme Sports soon. Watch this space for more.
Starts Rs 80,100
Starts Rs 1,08,000
- NewsMaruti Suzuki appoints Shashank Srivastava as marketing and sales head
- NewsRenault HBC compact SUV to come in 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback introduced with a new BSVI compliant engine and new hybrid technology
- Review2019 BMW Z4 road test review
- News2019 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift spotted undisguised
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip