HMSI begins nationwide talent hunt to identify young Indian racers
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has begun the Idemitsu Honda India Talent Hunt, in order to identify, select, and mentor young riders for national and international racing championships. The talent hunt, which began in Bangalore, will also be held in cities like Chennai, Hyderabad, Bhubaneshwar, Aizwal, Delhi NCR, Bhopal, Baroda, Pune and Coimbatore.
A special selection of 20 riders across these 10 cities will be made. The selected riders will then be trained at the Honda Ten10 Racing Academy. They will also be trained on the CBR 150 R race bike in rounds of the Idemitsu Honda Talent Cup 2018. Jury members selecting the riders will include Prabhu Nagaraj, vice president - brand and communication, HMSI, Yusuke Teshima, director - T Pro Innovations, and Ramji Govindrajan, director - Ten10 Racing.
"The IDEMITSU Honda India Talent Hunt is a part of our new motorsports direction and building a structure to develop young talent. With a dream to represent India in the world Grand Prix Racing, this platform is the beginning of a clear development path and structured approach to nurture riders from a young age," said Prabhu Nagaraj at the first selection round in Bangalore.
In order to participate in the selection rounds, riders need to be between the ages of 13 and 18, and will also need to be prepared for the tests that they will have to undergo during the process. This includes: physical strength, riding abilities, and an interview.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28