HMSI has 15 million customers in India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI) has reached 15 million customer milestone in its thirteenthyear of operation.
While HMSI acquired its 10millionth customer in July 2012, it's taken just another 18 months to reach the next five million customers. HMSI says that majority of this growth is the result of the company's foray in to the mass motorcycle segment with its Dream Yuga and Neo models being received well by customers.
2013 Honda Dream Neo and Dream Yuga
While HMSI's first production facility was set up at Manesar in 1999, operations began only in 2001. Currently HMSI operates three manufacturing facilities in India at Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Narsapura (Karnataka), which will have a total annual production capacity of 46 lakh units by the end of this year.
YS Guleria, vice-president, HMSI sales & marketing, said: Achieving the 15 million customers mark in such a short period is a testimony to growing customer trust on Honda brand. To meet customer demand and reach out to new markets, Honda has intensified its efforts to rapidly expand its network by adding 500 new touch-points and take its growing network to 2500."
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally