HMSI has 15 million customers in India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI) has reached 15 million customer milestone in its thirteenth year of operation.
While HMSI acquired its 10millionth customer in July 2012, it's taken just another 18 months to reach the next five million customers. HMSI says that majority of this growth is the result of the company's foray in to the mass motorcycle segment with its Dream Yuga and Neo models being received well by customers.
2013 Honda and Dream Yuga
While HMSI's first production facility was set up at Manesar in 1999, operations began only in 2001. Currently HMSI operates three manufacturing facilities in India at Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Narsapura (Karnataka), which will have a total annual production capacity of 46 lakh units by the end of this year.
YS Guleria, vice-president, HMSI sales & marketing, said: "Achieving the 15 million customers mark in such a short period is a testimony to growing customer trust on Honda brand. To meet customer demand and reach out to new markets, Honda has intensified its efforts to rapidly expand its network by adding 500 new touch-points and take its growing network to 2500."
Starts Rs 50,563
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh