Honda Activa 125 bookings start in India
Honda showcased the much awaited Activa 125 at the Delhi Auto Expo earlier this year. While the launch was supposed to happen immediately after the expo, it has now been understood that it has been delayed till later this month or next. Honda dealers though have already started taking bookings for the Activa 125. You can book Honda's first 125cc scooter for India with a down payment of Rs 5,000 with delivery expected as and when the stocks arrive. One dealer on the condition of anonymity told OVERDRIVE that deliveries in a bulk will happen in June. He also told us that the Activa 125 in its top most variant, will retail for approximately Rs 70,000 on-road. This price is around Rs 4,000 more than the Aviator 110 with disc brake.
The Honda Activa 125 has an 8.7PS/10.12Nm 125cc four stroke air-cooled engine. It has a v-matic transmission which we have seen in the Activa and other automatic scooters. While Honda hasn't mentioned the fuel efficiency figures yet, we expect the HET loaded scooter to deliver 60kmpl. The front suspension is telescopic while the rear is spring loaded hydraulic type. Honda will roll out two variants of the Activa 125- 130mm drums on both ends and one with front disc (190mm) and 130mm drum at the rear. Both the variants will have Honda's combined braking system. The Activa 125 will be available in four colours.
On the looks front, the Activa 125 seems inspired by the Hero Maestro and the in house Aviator. It looks muscular and spacious as well. Honda has given the Activa 125 a digital meter, alloy wheels and a large comfortable looking seat.
Check our spec comparo of the Activa 125 vs rivals here
Starts Rs 58,081
Starts Rs 46,240
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019