Honda Activa 6G to be launched on January 15
The Honda Activa has been India's highest selling scooter for a long time now, which in a way is also thanks to the timely updates the scooter has received. And for 2020 the Activa is set to get yet another update in the form of the Activa 6G. The current Honda Activa 5G is doing well for the brand just like its previous iterations, but Honda is updating the scooter yet again to ensure it will comply with the upcoming BSVI norms that come into force from April 01, 2020. We expect the Activa to thus get minor cosmetic tweaks along with a more refined, BSVI-compliant version of its air-cooled, single cylinder, 109.19cc engine.
The Honda Activa 5G is set to be replaced by a more refined and more efficient version likely to be called the Activa 6G while also meeting BSVI emission norms
The current Activa 5G offers 8.1PS along with 9Nm but considering that the recently launched, BSVI-compliant Activa 125's power and torque outputs have gone down slightly to meet the stricter BSVI norms, the Activa 6G could also offer slightly lower outputs in the interest of lower emissions. That said, we expect the Activa 6G's engine to use fuel injection instead of the humble carburettor and feel even more refined to offer a smoother riding experience. The Activa 6G is also likely to get the updated Activa 125's silent start system and an updated instrument cluster among other changes. The 6G could also command a small premium over the outgoing version and retail at around Rs 60,000 ex-showroom for the base variant. The scooter will be launched officially on January 15, which is when the official price and other details will be revealed.
Starts Rs 63,912
Starts Rs 53,865
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055