Honda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has announced the successful end to its Road Safety Summer Camp in association with the Delhi Police. Honda states that the campaign has educated more than 1,000 school children on road safety awareness in the national capital. The camp designated each participating student as a safety champ and initiated them in road safety as a daily habit, be it as a pedestrian or a future rider. Among the camp activities, students aged 9 to 12 years were given a chance to ride the Honda CRF50 motorcycles to learn about two-wheelers and importance of riding gear.
Amulya Patnaik, New Delhi Commissioner of Police at the culmination of Honda 2Wheelers India Road Safety Summer Camp in Delhi
HMSI vice-president - brand and communication, Prabhu Nagaraj said, "As a socially responsible two-wheeler manufacturer, Honda is fully committed for promoting road safety and has so far educated more than 20 lakh people in India on safe riding".
In Delhi, Honda has been actively conducting road safety activities for five years now at its two traffic training parks, where it has trained more than 2 lakh people, including 1.3 lakh children. Honda's #HelmetOnLifeOn summer camps were also conducted in Karnal, Ludhiana, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Chandigarh, and Coimbatore.
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India