Honda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
Honda 2Wheelers India has now become the only manufacturer to sell over 25 million scooters in the country. The company achieved this milestone by selling around 5 million units in the last year. Honda 2Wheelers had taken 10 years to achieve its first 10 million scooter sales in India, while the second 10 came in just three years. When it first launched the Activa in the country, Honda had enjoyed a 10 per cent segment share, which has now risen to 32 per cent in 2018.
Overall, the company accounts for 57 per cent of the market. It range of scooters includes the Honda Cliq, the Activa 125, Grazia, and of course the Activa 5G. Speaking about the achievement, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, senior VP - sales and marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) said that Honda aims to lead the next wave of scooterisation which has already started in Tier-II and tier-III towns.
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture