Honda BR-V gets digipad infotainment in India, priced at Rs 12.27 lakh
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has introduced the digipad infotainment system in the BR-V SUV in the VX grade. The Honda BR-V VX with the digipad system is priced at Rs 12.27 lakh for the petrol and Rs 13.22 lakh for the diesel, ex-Delhi. Along with the digipad, the Honda BR-V VX also gets a rear parking camera and sensors. This is the same system that was recently introduced in the Jazz Privilege edition and was offered as standard on the top trims of the Honda City. HCIL have also introduced rear parking sensors from the S grade onwards in the Honda BR-V. There are no mechanical changes and the Honda BR-V continues with the 118PS petrol and 100PS diesel engines. Honda offers a choice of a CVT with the petrol BR-V while the diesel BR-V gets only a 6-speed manual transmission.
The 6.9-inch touchscreen system is shared with the Honda City and the Jazz Privilege Edition. It also offers the screen for the reverse camera display in the Honda BR-V
The 6.9-inch touchscreen digipad infotainment system of the Honda BR-V brings 3D navigation, internal memory of 1.5GB, Mirror Link, net browsing through an optional wifi router, Bluetooth calling, two USB slots and HDMI-IN port. There however is no provision yet for Apple CarPlay with the Honda BR-V.
There are no mechanical changes to the Honda BR-V and the digipad infotainment is available only on the VX grade
HCIL recently discontinued the Mobilio MPV due to poor sales. Customers also preferred the more SUV-like stance of the BR-V than the Mobilio. A Honda Mobilio facelift was recently introduced in the Indonesia, however, HCIL isn't commenting if this will come to India and if they plan to revive the Mobilio brand name. The Honda WR-V in the meanwhile has been consistently selling over 4,000 units a month.
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show