Honda Cars India appoints Gaku Nakanishi as new president and CEO
Honda Motor Company Ltd has announced that Gaku Nakanishi has been appointed as the new president and CEO of Honda Cars India Ltd. The appointment will take effect from April 1, 2018, as part of the annual senior management changes announced by Honda Motor. Nakanishi takes over the position from the Yoichiro Ueno, who will subsequently move to the new business strategy division, of business development supervisory unit at Honda. Ueno will now work towards the formulation of new business strategy and the pursuit of open innovation in future mobility.
Nakanishi has been president and CEO of Honda Automobile Thailand since 2015, and has been associated with Honda Motor for almost 30 years. He has worked in several international markets including North America, Mexico, Japan, Thailand, and has worked with the overseas division for CIS, Middle East and Africa, as well as Asia and Oceania regions.
Outgoing president of Honda Cars India, Yoichiro Ueno
Ueno was instrumental in the introduction of several premium models in India including BR-V, Accord Hybrid, New City and WR-V and laying the foundation for launch of new models including the Amaze, CR-V as well as the comeback of the Civi, all of which were showcased at the recent Auto Expo 2018.
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign