Honda Cars India appoints Gaku Nakanishi as new president and CEO
Honda Motor Company Ltd has announced that Gaku Nakanishi has been appointed as the new president and CEO of Honda Cars India Ltd. The appointment will take effect from April 1, 2018, as part of the annual senior management changes announced by Honda Motor. Nakanishi takes over the position from the Yoichiro Ueno, who will subsequently move to the new business strategy division, of business development supervisory unit at Honda. Ueno will now work towards the formulation of new business strategy and the pursuit of open innovation in future mobility.
Nakanishi has been president and CEO of Honda Automobile Thailand since 2015, and has been associated with Honda Motor for almost 30 years. He has worked in several international markets including North America, Mexico, Japan, Thailand, and has worked with the overseas division for CIS, Middle East and Africa, as well as Asia and Oceania regions.
Outgoing president of Honda Cars India, Yoichiro Ueno
Ueno was instrumental in the introduction of several premium models in India including BR-V, Accord Hybrid, New City and WR-V and laying the foundation for launch of new models including the Amaze, CR-V as well as the comeback of the Civi, all of which were showcased at the recent Auto Expo 2018.
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh
- NewsToyota GR Super Sport hypercar prototype debuts at Le Mans 2020
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud