Honda Cars India begins production at Tapukara plant in Rajasthan
Honda Cars India Limited has started production at its Tapukara plant in Alwar, Rajasthan. The first car to roll out of the 450 acre new plant is the Honda Amaze. As of now only the Amaze will be manufactured in Tapukara however in the near future, the Jazz and Mobilio will also be made here. Built at a cumulative cost of Rs 3,526 crore, the facility is an integrated manufacturing unit that will perform all functions forging, press shop, powertrain shop, weld shop, paint shop, plastic moulding, engine assembly, frame assembly and engine testing facility.
Vasundhara Raje CM of Rajasthan and Yasuhisa Kawamura, minister & deputy chief of mission, Embassy of Japan with the Amaze
This is Honda Cars' second plant in India with a capacity of 1,20,000 units per annum, and it will raise the company's net car production capacity in India to 2,40,000 units a year. The other facility is in Greater Noida, UP. In 2013-14, HCIL sold more than 1 lakh units for the first time in a financial year. It sold 101,370 units from April 2013 to January 2014. HCIL president and CEO Hironori Kanayama said, "The beginning of car production from our 2nd plant is a significant milestone for HCIL. With overwhelming response to our current models like Honda Amaze & all-new City and promising future line-up, we are ready to cater to the strong demand for Honda cars from our customers in India."
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh