Honda Cars India to increase prices in January 2016
Honda Car India is set to increase the price of its cars in India from January 2016. The increment in price will range from Rs 10,000 to Rs 16,000 depending on the model. Honda says that the price hike is to offset the rising input costs.
Honda's product portfolio in India ranges from the Brio with a starting price of Rs 4.21 lakh (ex-Delhi) to the CR-V that begins at Rs 21.09 lakh (ex-Delhi). Honda, with this price hike, will join Hyundai, Nissan, Tata, Skoda, BMW and Mercedes-Benz on the list of car manufacturers who have announced a price hike from January 2016.
There is speculation that these price hikes are usually announced at this time of the year to push sales and clear dealer inventories. Many automakers have also rolled out festive discounts and other packages to lure customers to showrooms.
In case you plan to purchase a new car and don't mind the current year of production, now would be a good time to negotiate a bargain.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming MG Gloster SUV teased ahead of launch, to get advanced driver aids
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc