Honda Cars India to increase prices in January 2016
Honda Car India is set to increase the price of its cars in India from January 2016. The increment in price will range from Rs 10,000 to Rs 16,000 depending on the model. Honda says that the price hike is to offset the rising input costs.
Honda's product portfolio in India ranges from the Brio with a starting price of Rs 4.21 lakh (ex-Delhi) to the CR-V that begins at Rs 21.09 lakh (ex-Delhi). Honda, with this price hike, will join Hyundai, Nissan, Tata, Skoda, BMW and Mercedes-Benz on the list of car manufacturers who have announced a price hike from January 2016.
There is speculation that these price hikes are usually announced at this time of the year to push sales and clear dealer inventories. Many automakers have also rolled out festive discounts and other packages to lure customers to showrooms.
In case you plan to purchase a new car and don't mind the current year of production, now would be a good time to negotiate a bargain.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
- Review2020 Toyota Vellfire India-spec first drive review
- NewsSharad Sanghi - one of India's leading car collectors is no more
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India