Honda CB Shine crosses 1 lakh unit sales in a single month
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has set an unprecedented record of selling over 1 lakh units of the CB Shine in a single month, the highest ever for a 125cc class motorcycle. In an official statement, the company stated that it sold 100,824 units of the CB shine in April 2017, a 51 per cent rise in sales compared to the 66,691 units sold in April 2016. The company also added that the sales of CB Shine grew at a rate that was five time faster than the 125cc segment growth of 8 per cent.
The success of the CB Shine has also helped Honda extend its market share in the segment. The Honda CB Shine's market share grew by 15 per cent on a year-on-year basis and currently stands at 54 per cent.
Speaking about the success of the Honda CB Shine, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, senior vice president - sales and marketing, HMSI, said that the CB Shine is the most important brand in the Honda India line-up. He also added that Honda's high quality and reliability have been the key factors behind the success of the CB Shine.
Besides consolidating its leadership position in the 125cc segment, the record sales have helped Honda grab the number 2 spot in the Indian two-wheeler market.
The Honda CB Shine was launched in India in 2006 and has been a success ever since. Sales number has been consistently above rivals and, as of April 2017, Honda has sold over 55 lakh CB Shines in India.
The Honda CB Shine is powered by a 124.73cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 10.16PS at 7,500rpm and 10.30Nm at 5,500rpm.
Starts Rs 61,350
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery