Honda CBR650F to be launched in India with engine, suspension updates shortly say rumours
Honda updated the CBR650F at the end of last year during the motorshows along with its naked cousin, the CB650F. The 2018 Honda CBR650F and the CB650F received new headlights and more. Honda has been moving too. They put the Africa Twin on sale. And before that, Honda also launched new Fireblade on sale, let's not forget. Now, rumours say that it is time for us to expect the new 2018 Honda CBR650F to go on sale in India shortly. Honda Motorcycle and Scooter never comment on future plans but the rumour is that the motorcycle could be out before Diwali. The entry-level big bike class is where the action is right now with a whole bunch of new models having just entered - this includes the new Kawasaki Z650, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Ducati Monster 797 and the Harley-Davidson Street Rod. Also expected to join the fray shortly is the Ducati Scrambler Mach 2.0, the Royal Enfield twin-cylinder and more.
The 2018 Honda CBR650F features sleeker bodywork, LED headlight, new suspension and brake upgrades
The 2018 Honda CBR650F, to return to the story, features new bodywork and an updated engine with slightly more power. It also gets updated suspension, updates to the brakes and a few other bits. Honda promises that the new motorcycle should feel better to ride with a stronger mid-range, more powerful illumination as well as a distinctly superior ride and handling package.
The 2018 Honda CBR650F has new bodywork that looks similar but is actually sleeker than before
Honda did offer some discounts on the outgoing model, as high as Rs 1 lakh at one point but the rumour is that Honda will introduce the new model at a lower price point. Price, in fact, was one of the reasons for the slow sales of the Honda CBR650F despite it being the only inline four cylinder motorcycle on sale in the class. The other Honda making waves, of course, is the CB150R ExMotion a Thai 150 that is being linked to a possible Indian launch.
We just spoke to our sources who said that the older model was last priced at Rs 7.6 lakh ex-Mumbai and has now been discontinued. The new model, according to our source is likely arrive in December 2017 or January 2018 (two dates, from two sources) and the bookings are not yet open for the new model.
Starts Rs 7,25,118
Starts Rs 8,08,000
Starts Rs 7,27,000
Starts Rs 6,51,000
Starts Rs 5,49,000
Starts Rs 5,29,000
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000