Honda City diesel CVT is a possibility: says Honda India exec
Honda Cars India Limited has launched the new-gen Amaze in India. Based on all-new lightweight platform, the Amaze has received a thorough update in the design and the features department. But the highlight of the newly launched sedan is the introduction of CVT on both petrol and manual transmission models. And now we at OVERDRIVE have learnt that the CVT unit on the diesel could be made available on the Honda City.
During the launch event of the new-gen Honda Amaze in Mumbai, we asked Rajesh Goel, SVP and director, Sales and Marketing, Honda Cars India Ltd if the diesel CVT that has been introduced in the new Amaze will be added in the City as well. To which he replied, "If there is a strong demand, then we can look into it. We already have the technology and coming up with it (diesel CVT on City) should not be difficult". However, there was no confirmation from him if the same would be done anytime soon. We believe the new-gen Honda City that might launch sometime next year could be offered with this transmission.
A major highlight on the new Amaze, apart from its all-new design, is the increased space inside the car, as Honda has increased the wheelbase to liberate more leg and kneeroom, particularly at the rear. Inside, the car gets a host of additions to its feature list ? the top end VX version now sports a 7-inch touchscreen that uses Honda's DIGIPAD 2.0 system and offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. With the launch of the new generation Amaze, Honda has reaffirmed its focus on the compact sedan space and hopes the new car will help it elevate the status of the Amaze as a premium yet value for money proposition.
We also have a detailed image gallery of the 2018 Honda Amaze for you!
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
- NewsF1: Red Bull Racing confirms switch to Honda power from 2019
- Review2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 road test review
- NewsJaguar Land Rover begins bookings in India for Range Rover Sport SVR and Range Rover SVAutobiography
- Features2018 Tata Nexon XZ+ longterm review: Introduction
- FeaturesSuzuki Jimny: Here's how the compact SUV has evolved since 1970
- NewsBentley to attempt new Pikes Peak record with Bentayga SUV
- FeaturesFive things you need to know about the new Ducati Multistrada 1260
- News2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 launched in India at Rs 15.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Ducati Multistrada 1260 launch in India
- NewsSuzuki Jimny revealed officially in European spec