Honda City sedan gets speed warning, seatbelt reminder at no additional cost
In regard to meet the new safety standards that will be implied from July 1, 2019, the Honda City has been updated with speed warning and seatbelt reminder for no additional cost. The prices of the Honda City are unchanged and the sedan still retails between Rs 9.92 - 14.34 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai. As per the government norms, these features will be mandated on the cars built from July this year, along with driver side airbag as standard.
The Honda City gets front two airbags as standard. The speed warning buzzer, on the other hand, beeps once after the car has crossed 80kmph and after going at 120kmph or more, the buzzer beeps continuously. The seat belt reminder buzzes if the driver and the co-passenger are not wearing the seat belt while driving.
The Honda City gets a 1.5-litre petrol and a diesel engine. Former producing 120PS while the latter produces 100PS. The Honda City gets a choice of three transmissions. Five, six-speed manual and a CVT (continuously variable transmission). While the petrol engine is offered with a choice of all the three transmissions, the diesel engine gets only a manual for now. The City rivals the Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and the Hyundai Verna. The company is yet to give out its statement for the BSVI conversion of its portfolio.
Starts Rs 9.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- Review2020 Bajaj Dominar 250 road test review
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block