Honda City wins the 2015 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Hall Of Fame award
The City was the first premium Japanese car in India. It instantly won over enthusiasts with its rev happy engine and also came with Honda's bulletproof reputation for reliability. The Vtec versions that came along over the years were even more enjoyable to drive and are still highly sought after by enthusiasts today in the used car market.
Three generations of the Honda
Honda made sure the City was constantly updated and it has seen four generations in the past 17 years. It has appealed to everyone from speed freaks and mileage hunters to those who just want a comfortable chauffeur driven car. The recent facelift saw Honda introduce the much-needed oil burner, which quickly went on to become the segment topper. For over a decade, the City has been a segment leader and that is why it makes it to our Hall of Fame.
Read all about the CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE award winners in the other categories:
Starts Rs 9.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 90.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2,44,735
Starts Rs 1,00,212
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: Suzuki shows the Waku SPO, Hanare and Hustler Concepts
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: 200PS Kawasaki Z H2 first look
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: India-bound 2020 Honda Jazz unveiled
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019 : Nissan Ariya Concept previews brand's future EV SUVs
- NewsTokyo Motor Show 2019: Live updates - launches, news, announcements