Honda CR-V, Accord and a Civic recalled in India to fix faulty airbag inflator
Honda Cars India Limited has issued a recall for CR-Vs that were manufactured in 2004 and Accords that was manufactured between 2003 and 2007. The recall is to fix a faulty air bag inflator in both the cars.
The company has listed 575 units of the Honda CR-V have a defective passenger side airbag inflator while the 10,805 units of the Accord have a defective driver side airbag inflator. In addition, Honda will also replace the passenger side air bag inflator of a 2004 Civic.
The company says that the recall is part of a global safety improvement campaign concerning air bag inflators.
Honda will carry out replacement at its dealerships, free of cost from June 4, 2015. Customers will be contacted directly, says the company. Owners can also check if their car is one of the affected ones by entering the car's 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a special microsite that can be accessed on the company's website www.hondacarindia.com
Also see: 2018 Honda CR-V diesel | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser price comparison vs Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300 and Ford EcoSport
- News2020 Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe SUV launched in India at Rs 1.2 crore
- NewsLive Updates: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 India launch
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV launched at Rs 8.40 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled