Honda Design C 001 concept previews new-gen City for Chinese market?
At the 2017 Qingdao Auto Show, Honda revealed the Design C 001 concept which is believed to be a preview of new-gen City. This news might excite prospective Honda City buyers in the country, however, the Honda Design C 001 concept, if and when takes shape of the new-gen City will be only for the Chinese market. The Honda Design C 001 concept is a exterior design study model without any details on the powertrain and the cabin layout.
Notice the absence of the radiator grille. The Honda Design C 001 concept could make use of electric powertrains
The images of the Honda Design C 001 concept highlight the super sleep LED lights, instead of the larger units that one can see on the new Accord Hybrid and the City facelift. More importantly, the concept does not feature a radiator grille. Instead, it gets a large Honda logo placed on the body itself. We believe, Honda might offer an all-electric powertrain for the new-gen China-spec City, in addition to the conventional powertrain units. The other design highlights that one can see on the Honda Design C 001 concept is the long bonnet profile, aerodynamic roofline and strong character lines flowing on the side profile. The rear too gets distinct C-shaped lights, similar to that offered on the new-gen Civic but of a larger profile.
The C-shaped tailights are similar in profile to the new-gen Civic
The team that has worked on the Honda Design C 001 concept has also worked on design of the Dongfeng Honda Jingrui and Guangzhou Automobile Honda Ling sent models. It is also said that the design language shown in the C 001 concept will also be seen on the other new-gen offerings from Honda specially for the Chinese market.
The Honda Design C 001 concept gets an aerodynamic roofline
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far