Honda Design C 001 concept previews new-gen City for Chinese market?
At the 2017 Qingdao Auto Show, Honda revealed the Design C 001 concept which is believed to be a preview of new-gen City. This news might excite prospective Honda City buyers in the country, however, the Honda Design C 001 concept, if and when takes shape of the new-gen City will be only for the Chinese market. The Honda Design C 001 concept is a exterior design study model without any details on the powertrain and the cabin layout.
Notice the absence of the radiator grille. The Honda Design C 001 concept could make use of electric powertrains
The images of the Honda Design C 001 concept highlight the super sleep LED lights, instead of the larger units that one can see on the new Accord Hybrid and the City facelift. More importantly, the concept does not feature a radiator grille. Instead, it gets a large Honda logo placed on the body itself. We believe, Honda might offer an all-electric powertrain for the new-gen China-spec City, in addition to the conventional powertrain units. The other design highlights that one can see on the Honda Design C 001 concept is the long bonnet profile, aerodynamic roofline and strong character lines flowing on the side profile. The rear too gets distinct C-shaped lights, similar to that offered on the new-gen Civic but of a larger profile.
The C-shaped tailights are similar in profile to the new-gen Civic
The team that has worked on the Honda Design C 001 concept has also worked on design of the Dongfeng Honda Jingrui and Guangzhou Automobile Honda Ling sent models. It is also said that the design language shown in the C 001 concept will also be seen on the other new-gen offerings from Honda specially for the Chinese market.
The Honda Design C 001 concept gets an aerodynamic roofline
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive things you need to know about the new Ducati Multistrada 1260
- News2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 launched in India at Rs 15.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Ducati Multistrada 1260 launch in India
- NewsSuzuki Jimny revealed officially in European spec
- NewsJeep Compass Bedrock edition launched in India at Rs 17.53 lakh
- NewsMercedes-Benz to only launch BS-VI compliant diesel cars from now on in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP