Honda HR-V spotted on test in India - India launch expected soon
Honda HR-V compact SUV has been spotted on test in India. The Honda HR-V sits in the segment currently occupied by Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Renault Captur and the Tata Harrier. The HR-V in the international market is sold in two-row layout (five-seater) arrangement, and when launched in India, the HR-V will fill the space between the Honda BR-V MPV and the CR-V compact SUV that offers a three-row (seven-seater) layout.
On the exterior, expect the HR-V to sport a fascia inspired by the family design seen on the current Honda CR-V and the Honda Civic. Inside, the dashboard is expected to house a touch operated infotainment screen with Honda's operating system to sync it with the user's cell phone application.
Picture of the internationally sold Honda HR-V for reference
The engines on offer will be a choice of petrol and diesel. That said, the automatic transmission may be reserved for either of the two. It is unlikely that Honda will offer the 1.8-litre petrol engine seen in the Civic, however, the 1.6-litre single turbo diesel could be offered with the HR-V, with a similar state of tune- 120PS and 300Nm.
The HR-V could spawn in India by the festive season and will also rival the upcoming Kia Seltos. Expect the pricing to between Rs 11-16 lakh ex-showroom India.
Image Credit- Quickshift
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh