Honda India announces its Auto Expo 2014 lineup
Honda seems to be on a roll, the Amaze is doing very well for them and the new City is already eyeing top spot in the C-segment. The car has launched before the Auto Expo but will be on display along with the various Modulo accessories specially made for it. However, the two all-new models that will be displayed at the Expo are the Mobilio and Jazz.
2015 Honda Fit/Jazz
The Brio-based MPV (Mobilio) is slated to launch this year and will feature the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor used in the City and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel already seen in the Amaze. The Mobilio will take on the Ertiga, Enjoy and the soon to be launched GO+.
The new Honda Jazz will also be displayed for the first time in India. We drove the car recently and were impressed with the spacious hatchback. The previous Jazz didn't do so well since it was overpriced initially. The new Jazz however will be produced in Honda's second plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan and will be localized heavily to keep costs low. To make the deal sweeter, HCIL will also have a diesel-engined Jazz for the Indian market.
Honda Vezel SUV will not come to the Expo
While Honda will not display the Vezel SUV, it will instead have the Vision XS-1 creative study model on display. We expect this to be the Brio-based SUV concept.
Honda Accord hybrid will be on display
Other cars which will be on display at the Honda stall will be the new Accord Hybrid and the NSX Concept. Current production cars like the Brio, Amaze, City and CR-V will also be on display.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh