Honda India announces its Auto Expo 2014 lineup
Honda seems to be on a roll, the Amaze is doing very well for them and the new City is already eyeing top spot in the C-segment. The car has launched before the Auto Expo but will be on display along with the various Modulo accessories specially made for it. However, the two all-new models that will be displayed at the Expo are the Mobilio and Jazz.
2015 Honda Fit/Jazz
The Brio-based MPV (Mobilio) is slated to launch this year and will feature the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor used in the City and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC Earth Dreams diesel already seen in the Amaze. The Mobilio will take on the Ertiga, Enjoy and the soon to be launched GO+.
The new Honda Jazz will also be displayed for the first time in India. We drove the car recently and were impressed with the spacious hatchback. The previous Jazz didn't do so well since it was overpriced initially. The new Jazz however will be produced in Honda's second plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan and will be localized heavily to keep costs low. To make the deal sweeter, HCIL will also have a diesel-engined Jazz for the Indian market.
Honda Vezel SUV will not come to the Expo
While Honda will not display the Vezel SUV, it will instead have the Vision XS-1 creative study model on display. We expect this to be the Brio-based SUV concept.
Honda Accord hybrid will be on display
Other cars which will be on display at the Honda stall will be the new Accord Hybrid and the NSX Concept. Current production cars like the Brio, Amaze, City and CR-V will also be on display.
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?