Honda India recalls 90,210 units of the City and Mobilio
Honda Cars India has announced a voluntary recall of the 90,210 units of the City and Mobilio across the country to replace a faulty fuel return pipe. The recall affects 64,428 units of the diesel City and 25,782 units of the diesel Mobilio, made between December 2013 and July 2015.The replacement will be made at Honda dealerships across India, free of cost from December 19, 2015 onwards.
The company mentioned, in a statement, "There is a possibility that in some of these cars, the fuel return pipe may come out, resulting in fuel leakage and leading to engine stoppage."
Honda has made three recalls in India this year within a span of just four months. The recall in September pertaining to the faulty airbag inflators made by the Takata Corporation affected close to 2.24 lakh vehicles. The next recall, which was announced in October to update the software that manages the CVT, affected 3,879 vehicles in the country.
More from OVERDRIVE on Honda's recalls in 2015:
|HCIL to replace Fuel Return Pipe in 64,428 units of diesel variants of City and 25,782 units of diesel variants of Mobilio New Delhi, 10 December 2015: Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) today announced that it would recall 64,428 units of diesel variants of Honda City manufactured from Dec'13 to Jul'15 and 25,782 units of diesel variants of Honda Mobilio manufactured from Jun'14 to Jul'15 to voluntary replace the Fuel Return Pipe of these vehicles. There is a possibility that in some of these cars, the Fuel Return Pipe may come out, resulting in fuel leakage and leading to engine stoppage. The Fuel Return Pipe and related parts will be replaced free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India from 19th December 2015 in a phased manner and the owners will be contacted individually. The customers can also check whether their car is covered under this campaign by submitting their 17 character alpha-numeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the special microsite which has been created on the company's website (www.hondacarindia.com).|
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000