Honda Jazz EV spotted on test in Delhi, could be launched in India
With the electrification surge in the nation, another manufacturer has been spotted testing its EV (electric vehicle) in Delhi, India. An all-electric Honda Jazz has been spotted on test which hints that the Japanese automobile manufacturer could introduce their all-electric product in our market.
The exterior is of the older generation Honda Jazz (a.k.a Honda Fit in the international markets), however, some changes on the outside give away that it isn't the usual gas-powered Jazz. The EV loses out on the front grille and the front right apron has the charging port. The rear has a different tail lamp assembly and the spoiler extends through the length of the C-pillar. The bumpers on both the ends are sporty and the hatchback also gets sporty side skirts.
The interiors are expected to be the same, although, the EV will not have a gear stick, hence, more space in the cabin.
The International spec Honda Jazz EV gets a 20kWh lithium-ion battery that powers the motor to produce power figures north of 120PS and 250Nm torque.
The current Honda Jazz on sale is expected to receive an update which will be unveiled at this year's Tokyo Motor Show. The new Honda Jazz could be based on a platform flexible to house an IC engine as well as an electric motor. Expect the new Honda Jazz to be launched in India by early 2020.
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.15 Lakhs
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut