Honda Jazz EV spotted testing undisguised in India
A spy picture has appeared on the internet which shows what looks like the fully electric version of the Honda Jazz hatchback undergoing testing. The car looks very similar to the first-gen Honda Jazz.
Consequently, the Jazz EV gets slightly different styling. The biggest difference is the clear lens tail lamps. These are smaller and more angular than the ones on the conventionally powered car. Also new and unseen on the first gen Jazz are the new squared-off bumpers.
The Jazz EV in this guise was already on sale in Japan earlier and a new all-electric car will launch in China by 2019. This will kickstart Honda's EV onslaught. The first Honda electric car will launch in India by 2023-24. This will most likely be an SUV, prior to which we will see a hybrid City.
We think this car has been brought in to conduct preliminary test to see how electric powertrains respond to our driving and road conditions. Honda has set a 150 to 200 km target range for its electric vehicles.
Honda is the latest car maker to get on to the EV band wagon in the country. This type of car is set to come up in a big way with Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Mahindra and Tata also having some strategy in place. The government has also steeped in to make this transition smooth, having come up with guideline for such cars as well as the infrastructure needed for this.
Image source: News18
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055