Honda Jazz EV spotted testing undisguised in India
A spy picture has appeared on the internet which shows what looks like the fully electric version of the Honda Jazz hatchback undergoing testing. The car looks very similar to the first-gen Honda Jazz.
Consequently, the Jazz EV gets slightly different styling. The biggest difference is the clear lens tail lamps. These are smaller and more angular than the ones on the conventionally powered car. Also new and unseen on the first gen Jazz are the new squared-off bumpers.
The Jazz EV in this guise was already on sale in Japan earlier and a new all-electric car will launch in China by 2019. This will kickstart Honda's EV onslaught. The first Honda electric car will launch in India by 2023-24. This will most likely be an SUV, prior to which we will see a hybrid City.
We think this car has been brought in to conduct preliminary test to see how electric powertrains respond to our driving and road conditions. Honda has set a 150 to 200 km target range for its electric vehicles.
Honda is the latest car maker to get on to the EV band wagon in the country. This type of car is set to come up in a big way with Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Mahindra and Tata also having some strategy in place. The government has also steeped in to make this transition smooth, having come up with guideline for such cars as well as the infrastructure needed for this.
Image source: News18
Starts Rs 7.42 Lakhs
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!