Honda Jazz EV spotted testing undisguised in India
A spy picture has appeared on the internet which shows what looks like the fully electric version of the Honda Jazz hatchback undergoing testing. The car looks very similar to the first-gen Honda Jazz.
Consequently, the Jazz EV gets slightly different styling. The biggest difference is the clear lens tail lamps. These are smaller and more angular than the ones on the conventionally powered car. Also new and unseen on the first gen Jazz are the new squared-off bumpers.
The Jazz EV in this guise was already on sale in Japan earlier and a new all-electric car will launch in China by 2019. This will kickstart Honda's EV onslaught. The first Honda electric car will launch in India by 2023-24. This will most likely be an SUV, prior to which we will see a hybrid City.
We think this car has been brought in to conduct preliminary test to see how electric powertrains respond to our driving and road conditions. Honda has set a 150 to 200 km target range for its electric vehicles.
Honda is the latest car maker to get on to the EV band wagon in the country. This type of car is set to come up in a big way with Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, Mahindra and Tata also having some strategy in place. The government has also steeped in to make this transition smooth, having come up with guideline for such cars as well as the infrastructure needed for this.
Image source: News18
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip