Honda launches 2017 Activa 4G in India at Rs 50,730
Honda has launched the new Activa 4G at Rs 50, 730 (ex-Delhi). The popular scooter gets an upgraded motor to meet BS-IV emission norms, Automatic Headlamp On (AHO) and minor cosmetic changes to freshen up the scooter. The changes are very subtle and keeping the target customer in mind, Honda refrained from using contrasting stickers or graphics. The Activa 4G also gets two new colours- Matt Selene Silver Metallic and Matte Axis Grey Metallic in addition to the current set of colour options. Honda has also added a new set of features, the most notable of which is the mobile charging socket.
Speaking about the new Activa 4G, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, senior vice president - Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Private Limited said that the Activa is hugely popular in India with over 1.5 crore customers to date. The Activa was also the number 1 selling two-wheeler in the world in 2016.
The Activa has reigned supreme in the automatic scooter segment for years. It has a 109 cc, air-cooled engine that produces 8PS@7,500rpm and 9Nm at 5,500rpm. The scooter was also one of the first two-wheelers in India to get Honda's combi-braking system. The system, essentially, applies the both brakes simultaneously, even when the rider applies one of the brakes. For Activa 4G, gets an updated version of the combi-braking system , called an Equaliser. It distributes braking force to the front and rear wheels evenly, thereby ensuring quick and safe stops, says Honda.
Bookings for the Activa 4G have begun across Honda dealerships in the country.
Starts Rs 51,324
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India