Honda launches BSVI-compliant diesel Civic at Rs 20.74 lakh
Honda Cars India has updated the diesel variants of the Civic to BSVI standards, with prices starting at Rs 20.74 lakh for the VX variant (a hike of Rs 19,000 from earlier), going up to Rs 22.34 lakh for the ZX variant. Additionally, both diesel variants now get six airbags as standard. The petrol variants of the Civic were BSVI-compliant at launch.
Notably, the 1.6-litre diesel, now BSVI-compliant, has the same power and torque figures of 120PS/300Nm while rated fuel efficiency has dropped to 23.9kmpl from the BSIV-engine's 26.8kmpl. The diesel Civic is only available with a 6-speed manual transmission, but as we found in our review of the car, is the more fun option compared to the 1.8-litre petrol equipped with a CVT.
On the other hand, Honda has discontinued the diesel CR-V in the move to BSVI, which was powered by the same engine. With that, the CR-V lost the option of both all-wheel drive and a 7-seat variant, both of which were only available with the diesel powertrain.
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
- News2020 Mahindra Thar revealed in India: Everything you need to know
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Mahindra Thar India unveil, details, specifications, features, engines, launch date and expected price
- Review2020 Kia Carnival road test review
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19: Club-on-wheels: the Party Bus
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks