Honda launches SX variant of Amaze in India at Rs 6.22 lakh
Honda Car India Limited (HCIL) has launched a new variant of the Amaze compact sedan in India. The SX variant sits above the current S trim and is available in a choice of petrol and diesel fuels, however only with manual transmission. The only difference between the S and SX are twin airbags as also ABS which come as standard on the latter. The introduction of SX increases the overall number of Amaze variants to 12 with four in petrol and diesel and two in petrol automatic. Prices for the petrol SX start from Rs 6.22 lakh while the diesel retails for Rs 7.12 lakh, ex-Delhi.
2013 Honda Amaze
The Amaze has been a runaway success for Honda in India mainly because of the 100PS 1.5l engine. Honda claims a fuel efficiency of 25.8kmpl from this diesel engine. The petrol engine is a familiar 88PS 1.2l motor from the Brio. While the diesel comes mated to a manual transmission, the petrol also comes with an automatic gearbox option.
Announcing the new variant, Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice president, marketing & sales, HCIL said, "Honda Amaze has witnessed great success in Indian market by selling more than 60,000 units ever since its launch in April 2013 and has been a game changer for Honda. It is our constant endeavour to study customers' needs & aspirations and introduce features that enhance the overall ownership experience. We are pleased to introduce "SX" variant of the Amaze with added safety features. The S variant has been the most popular variant in the Amaze range and with the addition of SX variant, we are confident that this new variant will appeal and bring delight to the customers seeking safety features at the volume range."
Read our review of the Honda Amaze diesel in India here
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block