Honda launches SX variant of Amaze in India at Rs 6.22 lakh
Honda Car India Limited (HCIL) has launched a new variant of the Amaze compact sedan in India. The SX variant sits above the current S trim and is available in a choice of petrol and diesel fuels, however only with manual transmission. The only difference between the S and SX are twin airbags as also ABS which come as standard on the latter. The introduction of SX increases the overall number of Amaze variants to 12 with four in petrol and diesel and two in petrol automatic. Prices for the petrol SX start from Rs 6.22 lakh while the diesel retails for Rs 7.12 lakh, ex-Delhi.
2013 Honda Amaze
The Amaze has been a runaway success for Honda in India mainly because of the 100PS 1.5l engine. Honda claims a fuel efficiency of 25.8kmpl from this diesel engine. The petrol engine is a familiar 88PS 1.2l motor from the Brio. While the diesel comes mated to a manual transmission, the petrol also comes with an automatic gearbox option.
Announcing the new variant, Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice president, marketing & sales, HCIL said, "Honda Amaze has witnessed great success in Indian market by selling more than 60,000 units ever since its launch in April 2013 and has been a game changer for Honda. It is our constant endeavour to study customers' needs & aspirations and introduce features that enhance the overall ownership experience. We are pleased to introduce "SX" variant of the Amaze with added safety features. The S variant has been the most popular variant in the Amaze range and with the addition of SX variant, we are confident that this new variant will appeal and bring delight to the customers seeking safety features at the volume range."
Read our review of the Honda Amaze diesel in India here
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?